Active Calls:


How can I get an overview of the Ventura County Fire Department?

Our Annual Report gives an overview of our activities and achievements during the previous year.

What do I need a "Burn Permit" for and how do I get it?

When you have agricultural materials that need to be burned, a "Burn Permit" is required.  Only agricultural materials (no trash) from properties zoned for commercial agriculture may be burned on designated "Burn Days". A Burn Permit must be obtained from your closest fire station.   The Burn Permit may only be used as per the conditions on the permit.

What are the fire prevention requirements for my project?

Fire prevention requirements depend on the type of project, if it is allowed and where it is located.  You can start by contacting the "Fire Prevention Counter" at 805-389-9738.  The Standards section has the basic requirements.  You may also want to visit the Ventura County One-Stop Permitting website

How do I get a copy of a "Fire Report"?

The Custodian of Records is responsible for compliance with the Public Records Act. Forms for requesting records and reports can be found on the Public Records section.  The Custodian of Records can be contacted at 805-383-4718.