Girls' Fire Camp
2019 Registration is Closed
The Ventura County Fire Department (VCFD) Girls’ Fire Camp is a FREE two-day experience designed to engage young women, ages 14 to 18, and share what it’s like to be a firefighter through fun, hands-on activities. Open to all genders. Space is limited to 30 FIRST-TIME Campers.
Girls’ Fire Camp Information
A two-day camp filled with hands-on activities using firefighting tools, equipment and firefighter’s protective gear. Please note, this is NOT an overnight camp.
Taught by inspirational female firefighters from agencies across the west coast, Girls’ Fire Camp features different scenarios each day, such as, hydrant and nozzle checks, hose deployment, rope operations, ladders, search and rescue, extrication, forcible entry, emergency medical skills, standpipe evolutions, nutrition, physical fitness and interview techniques.
2019 Dates: Sat & Sun November 23-24, 2019
Notice to Parents:
- Students under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign them in and out of camp
- Camp shirts will be provided
- Water and lunch will be provided
- Hats and sunscreen are encouraged
- No open toe shoes
- Comfortable clothes – Pant or jeans; no shorts
- No spaghetti straps, strapless, tube tops or baggy clothes