Junior Fire Academy
VCFD’s Junior Fire Academy is a FREE five-day camp designed for boys and girls ages 13-16 to experience what it’s like to be a firefighter as well as learn about fire safety careers.
The Junior Fire Academy is a fun and informative introduction to the firefighting profession and VCFD’s Explorer Program. The five-day academy is taught by VCFD firefighters and features hands-on activities and interactive learning sessions. Students will learn about fire department organization, 9-1-1 dispatch, structure fire and brush fire suppression tactics, rappel operations, basic first aid and hands only CPR, as well as tour a local fire station and VCFD’s aviation unit.
Registration is closed
Three sessions available
Session 1 – TBA
Session 2 – TBA
Session 3 – TBA
* Registrants must select desired session in ranking order *
TIME: Monday – Thursday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
Location: Ventura County Fire Services Regional Training Center – Camarillo Airport
Notice to Parents:
- Space limited to the first 25 eligible applicants per session. Others will be placed on a WAITLIST
- Mandatory registration and liability waivers required
- Camp shirts will be provided
- Sunscreen encouraged
- Water provided
- Mon–Thurs: Bring your own lunch
- Fri: Free BBQ lunch provided
- No open toe shoes
- Comfortable clothes – Pant or jeans; no shorts or baggy clothes
- Girls: No spaghetti straps, strapless, tube tops
For questions contact: JFA@ventura.org