Para Informacion En Espanol haga clic aqui
Prepare and protect your home before it rains. County and city residents living in areas affected by the Thomas Fire encouraged to pick-up free supplies. The County of Ventura and the City of Ventura are working to ensure residents in the areas affected by the Thomas Fire have sandbags to help protect their property against water, mud and debris flows.
“It’s important that people pick up these bags now,” said County Public Works Director Jeff Pratt. “The time to establish protection for your home or property is before it starts raining. If you wait until your house is being inundated, it may be too late.”
The County and City are bringing in tens of thousands of pre-filled sandbags and distributing them out into the community for pick-up. There is no charge for the bags and no limit on the number of bags residents of the burn areas are allowed to take.
Residents can pick up bags at:
City of Ventura Locations –
- San Jon Maintenance Yard - 336 San Jon Rd. Ventura CA 93003 (Public Parking Lot)
- Poinsettia Pavilion - 3451 Foothill Road (lower lot) – Bring a shovel
- Fire Station 21 - 1201 East Ojai Ave. Ojai CA 93025
- Casitas Springs Community Center Parking lot - 8415-8499 Edison Dr. Casitas Springs CA
- Upper Ojai at the Upper Ojai Market - west side next to the fence. 12679 Ojai, Santa Paula Rd Santa Paula CA
- La Conchita – Carpinteria St. and La Conchita – Open lot
- Fire Station 26 – 12391 W. Telegraph Rd., Santa Paula CA 93060 – Bring a shovel
- Other Fire Stations
The bags are available while supplies last. Depending on demand and the severity of the rainy season, more bags may be brought in at a later date, but residents shouldn’t wait.
El Condado y la Ciudad de Ventura tienen sacos de arena disponibles para los residentes del área del Incendio Thomas