Knox Rapid Entry System
The information below will assist you in determining your local fire station as part of the installation of your Knox Rapid Entry System device.
For information on ordering a Knox Rapid Entry System device and its installation requirements, refer to VCFD Standard 506.
The Knox company will send your ordered device or devices directly to you. Depending on the type of device ordered, it will arrive either locked or unlocked. These devices are keyed specifically to the Ventura County Fire Department—and only select units within VCFD are supplied with the necessary keys.
Follow the installation directions included with the device. Once you’re ready to put the device into service, you’ll need to contact your local fire station and request their assistance in locking the device. This process allows for strict control of the keys—and notifies emergency crews about new devices in their response sector.
To determine the corresponding local station for your project site, complete the following steps using the form below:
- Select the city in which you’re installing the Knox device. If your project is located outside city limits, select “Unincorporated.”
- Select the name of the street on which your project is located.
- Select the street address where you are installing the Knox device. NOTE: If you’re installing the device on a vehicle access gate serving multiple structures, use the address of the nearest structure.
- Note the station number listed next to the street address.
Call (805) 371-1111 and enter the two-digit station number obtained in the previous step when prompted.
- Advise the station personnel you’re requesting assistance locking a Knox device—and provide them with your project address and contact phone number.