VCFD Volunteer Program
Volunteer with Us
Our VCFD Volunteer program is about more than just time spent. Those who can, do. Those who can do more, volunteer. Our Community Education Program delivers fire prevention, education, and safety programs for children, adults, and seniors. VCFD Volunteers go out into the community and work to make this possible.
Working together, we all make a difference—one volunteer, one program, and one action at a time.
VCFD Volunteer Activities
- Staff booths at public events
- Stand in as a “victim” or moulage makeup artist for CERT and Fire Department drills
- Train to become a certified Child Passenger Seat Technician (CPST) and assist with car seat installations
- Provide hands-only CPR training
- Wear an inflatable 10-foot-tall costume and stand in as Firefighter Robby
- Deliver supplies to fire stations
- Provide assistance with various special events and fire stations
- Offer assistance that includes filling children’s bags, social media support, filing duties, and other projects
- Assist with Spark of Love gift collections and toy store during the Holidays
*The Office of Community Education will do its best to place volunteers in positions that match their interests and skills as well as fulfill a need for the Ventura County Fire Department.
For more information on volunteer activities available with VCFD call 805.389.9745 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VCFD Volunteer Form
The Volunteer Program recruits quarterly. If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer, please complete and submit an online form to start the process.
NOTE: Ventura County Fire Department does NOT have a volunteer firefighter program.