In anticipation of the forecasted rainy weather, Ventura County public safety agencies are encouraging people to prepare.
Residents living in, and around Thomas Fire burn areas or near flood-prone areas, need to prepare for this storm as well as the rest of the rainy season. Plan ahead by signing up to receive mobile emergency text alerts at www.VCAlert.org and taking the following additional steps:
- Sign-up to receive “VC Alert” mobile messages by contacting VC Alert Hotline at (805) 648-9283 or visiting www.vcalert.org. Subscribers will receive emergency notifications such as evacuation notices specific to their neighborhood.
- Make a supply kit for your home and car - flashlight, water, food, personal medical supplies, filled prescriptions and a charged smartphone with internet access in case local roads are temporarily closed.
- Download a “Ready, Set, Go!” flood preparation plan and follow its guidance. For information in Español, click here.
- Sandbags - Stop by a local fire station or call 805-371-1111 to check supplies. Please be prepared to fill and transport sandbags. Supplies can also be purchased at local hardware stores.
- VIDEO Tutorial - Learn how to use sandbags to divert water and redirect debris away from properties.
- Home Preparedness: If you see a nearby storm drain that is blocked, contact your local city public works department or Ventura County Public Works at (805) 654-2001.
PAY ATTENTION DURING RAIN:
- Monitor Ventura County's local emergency website, and the local website of the National Weather Service for urgent weather updates and local emergency information.
- Do not cross roads or areas covered by flowing water and keep away from flood control debris basins, channels, facilities and river beds.
TOWN HALL MEETINGS VIDEOS
All meetings are available with English and Spanish subtitles. To activate subtitles, hover your mouse cursor over the video you are viewing and click on Settings > Subtitles and select a language.
Todas las reuniones están disponibles con subtítulos en inglés y español. Para poder activar los subtítulos, coloque el cursor del mouse sobre el video que está viendo y haga clic en Configuración> Subtítulos y seleccione un idioma.