Fire Station 28 serves the Piru and east Santa Clara Valley area. It was built on this site in 1950 and extensively remodeled in 2008. The station has been a strong center for our volunteer firefighter program over the years, producing many full-time firefighters from their ranks. In 2013, the Firefighter position was up-graded to Firefighter/Paramedic. The Piru Fire Station is staffed daily by three firefighters and houses Medic/Engine 28, Brush Engine 328; and Patrol 16. During the height of fire season, Patrol-16 is staffed and assigned to the Lockwood Valley area.