Fire Station 50 serves the Camarillo Airport, the western portion of the City of Camarillo and unincorporated portions of the Oxnard Plain. It is the headquarters for Division 1. Situated on the flight line of the airport, the original station was inherited from the U.S. Air Force by the airport authority and leased at no cost to the fire district in exchange for fire protection on the airport. The station was originally built as a temporary building in 1954 and never updated. A new station 50, located off Las Posas Road for better access to western Camarillo, was completed in early 2001. The Airport Fire Station is currently the district’s hazardous materials response station and the District’s Hazmat Officer is assigned here. The aircraft fire/rescue Crash Truck also operates out of Station 50. In 2006 a Paramedic Squad with two Paramedic/Firefighters went into service at Station 50. It is station staffed daily by five firefighters and houses Engine 50; Crash Truck 50; Tractor-Trailer Haz-Mat 50; Paramedic Squad 50; Foam Unit 50 and Utility Pickup 50. Also assigned to Station 50 are two De-Con trailers used for decontamination at Haz-Mat incidents.